Birthing Your Way is a childbirth preparation series set in a warm and inviting environment. Together, we will explore, discuss and investigate all your birthing options. Our small class size and discussion based approach will give you the confidence to make informed decisions that are right for you and your family.
Offering a compassionate and honest look at childbirth education, we will collectively examine your innate knowledge and wisdom while taking into consideration modern medical advancements and technology.
Through our 4-week series we will explore:
• Care providers, supports and community resources for pregnancy, birth and postpartum
• Personal birth space and environment, regardless of the physical location and circumstances
• Coping techniques and strategies for pain and discomfort, as well as bumps in the road
• Compassionate use of drugs, epidurals, interventions and medical birth technology
• Roles of your supports, and how they can be supported
• Labourland; what it is and how to protect it
• Baby basics, feeding and your postpartum body
• Changing lifestyle and relationships as you and your partner transition into parenthood
Leaving these classes we want you to feel empowered and knowledgeable in the modern birth world and connected to both yourself, your partner and your community. We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout pregnancy, birth and into parenthood so that you can be confident as an individual, mother and partner.
About your Instructor:
After two drastically different childbirth experiences of her own, Megan Robert found her true life’s passion in the birth industry. As a Doula and Childbirth Educator her sole purpose is to bring awareness to the indescribably beautiful miracle of childbirth through the use of compassionate dialogue and direct experience. She is often described as calming and selfless by those who she has supported during their own pregnancies, as well as professionals who have worked along side her. Do not expect to meet someone who will sway you towards “natural” birthing methods, nor the “medical” side of the coin. Simply expect that she will help you discover the right methods for your birth.
Birthing Your Way is a childbirth preparation series set in a warm and inviting environment. Together, we will explore, discuss and investigate all your bi