The Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit serves the County of Prince Edward, Hastings County, Quinte West, and Belleville, Ontario from offices in Trenton, Picton, Bancroft and Belleville.
Our Health Unit offers public health programs and services, along with reliable health information to a population of approximately 150,000 people in our 7,000 square km catchment area.
We welcome you to the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit Facebook page.
The primary purpose is to provide credible health information about public health issues. We strive to engage with the community through social media, to respond to their needs and to find services to meet those needs.
The secondary purpose of this page is to promote the Health Unit’s programs and services.
We encourage you to submit your questions, comments, and concerns, but please note this is a moderated online discussion site and not a public forum.
This page is monitored Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Public postings will be enabled during these hours.
Please read the guidelines below which are applicable to anyone who uses the page.
Please understand that we cannot offer medical advice, diagnosis or treatment via the Internet. If you have a question about your specific medical condition, you should contact your doctor. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
For your privacy, you should consider carefully before posting personal medical information to the internet. Please remember that your posts and comments are available for all to see.
Please note that the comments posted by other users on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit.
Please note that the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit does not endorse any advertisements that may be visible on the page or any of the pages that we link to and assumes no responsibility for any content not generated or provided by the Health Unit.
Your use of the page is subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use set forth below. By accessing, viewing, posting or otherwise using any content on or available through this page you unconditionally accept these Terms and Conditions of Use.
1. Use of the page does not create a therapeutic- client relationship with any Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit staff. These service providers are not engaged in rendering medical or psychological services through this page. Any action taken by a user in response to information obtained from a social media site is at the user’s discretion. The page must not be relied upon to replace or overrule a licensed health care professional’s judgment or clinical diagnosis.
2. Once posted, the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit reserves the right to delete comments that contain vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, or religious group. Further, the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit also reserves the right to delete comments that:
(i) are spam or include links to other such sites;
(ii) are clearly off topic;
(iii) advocate illegal activity;
(iv) promote particular services, products, or political organizations;
(v) infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
(vi) use personally identifiable medical information;
(vii) contain case-specific and other confidential information.
3. Users grant to the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) and right (i) to reproduce, publish, distribute and display content, (ii) to create derivative works from the content, (iii) to edit, modify or delete content, and (iv) to use content for any Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit purpose.
4. Users agree not to alter, edit, delete, remove or otherwise modify the meaning, appearance or purpose of any content, code, data or materials on or available through the page, including, but not limited to, altering, obscuring or removing any trademarks, trade names, logos or other proprietary rights notices.
5. Neither the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit nor its content or service providers guarantee or warrant the page against errors, defects, delays, omissions, interruptions or losses, including losses of data, nor are any files downloaded from a Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit site warranted or guaranteed to be free of viruses, bugs, worms or other such destructive properties.
6. The Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit also reserves the right to monitor, restrict, block, suspend or discontinue your access to the page site, at any time, with or without advance notice, and for any reason or no reason at all.
7. The Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit may disclose your communications and activities with the page in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of The Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit's rights, and in doing so shall not incur any liability to you.”
8. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit and its content providers and service providers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, settlements, judgments, costs and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising in any way from your use of or access to the page.
9. The Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit may suspend, change or discontinue any aspect of the page at any time.
10. By using this site, you agree to waive any actions, causes of actions, or any other remedies in law that you may have against the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit, including any costs, losses or damages of any kind whether direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential, and whether foreseeable or not.
11. By using this site you agree and accept that your activities may be monitored by law enforcement agencies in the USA which are beyond the control of the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit.
12. By using this site you agree, to be bound by the laws of the Province of Ontario respecting any legal proceedings brought against the Hastings & Prince Edward Counties Health Unit by virtue of the Health Unit having this page.
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health
Our mission is to enable the people in Hastings and Prince Edward counties to achieve and maintain optimal health through health protection and promotion, as well as disease and injury prevention.
This will be accomplished by:
a) protecting the communi